Fwd: [Vision2020] rezone venue: city press release

Steven Basoa sbasoa at moscow.com
Mon May 1 16:05:49 PDT 2006

Nancy Chaney asked me to forward this to Vision 2020:

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Nancy Chaney" <nchaney at ci.moscow.id.us>
Subject: RE: [Vision2020] rezone venue: city press release

Thank you for your interest in tonight’s City Council meeting. We
anticipated larger than usual attendance, and investigated alternate
venues. Availability, size, cost, accessibility, and legitimacy of
use were all considered. Once notice of the meeting was published
according to law, we determined that the venue could not be changed.
While Council Chambers are adequate for most meetings, they are not
large enough for all. How we decide what circumstances and thresholds
justify moving from our usual publicly-familiar meeting place has yet
to be determined, but formalizing that policy is on the City
Council’s to-do list.

  We will have as many chairs available as Fire Code allows in
Council Chambers tonight. Overflow seating will be accommodated just
up the street in the 1912 Center, where a large screen television
will be set up to show the meeting. Unfortunately, we were not able
to secure a means of off-site citizen interaction via a closed-
circuit system. It is conceivable that people who testify in City
Hall may relinquish their seats to others waiting off-site to do so.

  I am encouraged by so much interest in participatory governance.
That’s a big part of what makes Moscow, Moscow. We remain receptive
to suggestions for how to improve service to our community.

  Sincerely,

Nancy Chaney

Mayor