[Vision2020] Gary isn't a hayseed; he just plays one on 2020.

Joan Opyr joanopyr at moscow.com
Thu Mar 30 22:46:59 PST 2006

Dear Gary:

I'm beginning to fear that you are a hayseed.  At the very least, you
have chosen to behave like a belligerent backwoods ignoramus, a cross
between Eb from Green Acres and the banjo player in Deliverance.  "I
know what I know," you say, leaning against your pickup truck and
spitting into a Pepsi can.  "And so I ain't a-going to read none of
them thar verifiable facts.  You don't know nary nothing, Mizz Lund,
and neither does that thar newspaper feller, Dave Johnson.  Yer all
agin Doug, and so hit don't matter what downtown bidness folks
ackchurly said at that slam-dunk BoA hearing.  I tweren't listening
anyhow.  I wuz humming that song, 'Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off.'
  Ya'll got any tequila?  Er any clothes?  How's about a woman?"

You're not stupid, Gary, but for some reason, you frequently play the
goat on this list.  Why?  Probably because you like to stir the pot,
but if you want to sup with the devil, you need a much longer spoon.
Here, again, is Saundra's well-reasoned, polite, and factually accurate
post.  Try reading it this time without the chip on your shoulder or
the finger up your nose.  I think you'll find it edifying.

Be bright.  Be open.  Be smart.  I think you can, I think you can, I
think you can.

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.joanopyr.com