[Vision2020] Insulted

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 09:15:08 PST 2006

I went to 13 different schools before the 10th grade.  Some of the
facilities were modern and new, some were decrepit.  I can't say that
it made much difference to me as a student.  However, the quality of
the teachers made a great deal of difference.

What is it about our present facilities that are so awful that they
need fixing?  My own children went to school locally, and they never
once came home and complained about the buildings.  They did come home
and occasionally complain about poor teachers.

A new building isn't necessarily a better one.  I lived in a house in
the UK that had been built in about 1535, and it was perfectly
habitable.  They don't seem to have the compunction there to tear
everything down just because it has gotten elderly.

So are we being asked to fund new construction out of honest
necessity, or just because our present facilities have gotten "old?"