[Vision2020] Big Fire from the Low-Lying Atwood with Wilson's approval

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 26 20:47:01 PST 2006

With special note of appreciation to poohsthink.com:

This is the type of crap that Atwood and NSA and CC are capable of...and
people wonder why there is so much concern about NSA being downtown or even
IN town.  A letter of this type WOULD NEVER COME FROM UI/WSU nor any other
university or college, nor for that matter, any other "men's club" that I
know of.  "As an teine don ghriasaich - From bad to worse":

"Wilson was not very interested in accountability amongst the Good ‘ol
“colleagues.” (when this was questioned)...the following letter was written
to numerous people, some of who had been long term members of Christ Church,
one of them poor and with plenty of known problems to not need a letter like
this. I think this also gives a flavor for how truly ‘community’ minded the
institution has become; after all, this letter is written to affiliated
Christians who actually wanted to go to a New St. Andrew’s Ball, not
intoleristas.

New St. Andrews College

Dear    ­­­­­­­­­____________:

On behalf of New St. Andrews College, I’m writing to confront you as a
brother in Christ about your decision to attend the NSA Winter Ball last
week without permission and without paying, to ask you to apologize
formally, and to make full restitution as appropriate.

If, in fact, you attended the ball as I am told after being denied
admittance, you need to do two things at the very least: first, you should
apologize personally to _________ and ___________, who worked very hard to
organize the event and treated everyone—including you—fairly and honestly in
terms of the rules outlined in the application, for your inappropriate,
unilateral decision to crash our private dance; and second, if you have not
yet paid and contributed an additional amount to the scholarship fund, you
should do so immediately to make full restitution for essentially stealing
(the admission price) from the College and stealing from those who paid in
full according to the registration rules. Those who attended with permission
had every right and expectation of not having an overcrowded dance floor.
Your decision to crash the ball was not only wrong but rude, so as a brother
I ask you confess it, apologize, and pay more than you would have as a
regular attendee.

Perhaps there were mitigating circumstances surrounding your attendance that
would change or correct our perspective, but at this point, we are not aware
of any.  Let me know if there are. But barring that, please reconcile
yourself to ­­­­­­­­­­_____ and _______ in a way befitting a brother in
Christ and make full restitution to the College.

We are delighted you were so anxious to attend the NSA ball, but next year I
urge you to sign up before the deadline and follow the directions and
decisions of the coordinators with the respect and honor they deserve.

Sincerely,

Roy Alden Atwood, Ph.D.
Dean"

"An fear toiciúil gustalach tuig ní an fear bocht - The well to do
understand not the needy."

"Is fhearr teine beag a gharas na teine mor a loisgeas. -  Better the little
fire that warms than the big fire that burns."

SUGGESTION:  Next time you guys need "donations" for Cannon Press or NSA,
hold a dance, tell  only the special select few last minute, allow word of
mouth to inform others about it and CHARGE PEOPLE DOUBLE WHEN THEY ATTEND
WITHOUT SPECIFIC PERMISSION.  Who knows - maybe Cannon Press could finally
get out of the red with this method of "fun"d raising.

J  :]