[Vision2020] An Investigation of a Simplistic Puzzle

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 22:21:36 PST 2006

An Investigation of a Simplistic Puzzle

As far as I can tell, ToeKneeTime introduces himself, apropos of
nothing, with a bewildering rant about the lack of tolerance among
Vision2020 liberals.  He concludes his first post with these words:

"Smugly chanting the same cliche's and mantras over and over, rather
than engaging in fair-minded and considerate dialog, is not the
behavior of responsible and considerate citizens but rather the
petulant tantrum of a spoiled child."

A few posts later, Sunil accurately summarizes what most Vision2020
veterans had been thinking.  He writes to ToeKneeTime:

"I'm a little perplexed by your posts too.  You show up with
generalized insults that appear unrelated to any particular
discussions."

Saundra Lund then asks essentially the same question:

"Interesting point.  For instance, I've been trying to figure out
exactly what grievance you have that would excuse the [']petulant
tantrum of a spoiled child['] manner in which you joined Moscow's
Vision2020 discussion forum.

"And, based on the comments from several other V2020 participants, it
doesn't look like I'm the only one trying to figure it out ;-)"

Saundra next asks ToeKneeTime whether he is Tony Simpson, of Lewiston,
and provides us a charming sample of a Tony Simpson Letter to the
Editor, submitted in 2002 to the Lewiston Tribune:

"And I take exception to your charge that I view women as helpless sex
objects.  That is not necessarily so.  Take you, for instance,
Charise.  Judging from your letter, you are obviously a well-educated
and highly articulate sex object."

ToeKneeTime ignores Saundra's polite query, either because he is too
embarrassed to admit that he is that cretin, or because he feels that
being anonymous makes it easier to engage in the "fair-minded and
considerate dialog" that he promotes so well by his own example.
Either way, it sets a pattern of avoidance that defines his
contributions to Vision2020.

He has issues with homosexuality, and loves to insert his pet subject,
abortion, into any discussion, as is illustrated here:

"Wow, Joan, you sure don't cope well with criticism.  Ok, I guess I
should apologize for interrupting your reign of error.  You've run the
show in your community for quite some time.  Like the Queen of Hearts,
you brook no dissent.  Anyone who dares to challenge Queen Joan MUST
be SILENCED!  OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!!  Unfortunately for you and other
petty tyrants, there is in this country a thing called the First
Amendment.  Your intellectual bullying has gone on long enough!  There
are any number of issues facing Americans these days, issues of
crucial importance.  The ongoing premeditated murder of unborn babies
is perhaps the most pressing. To allow those on the wrong side of
history to dominate the debate on these many issues would be a
terrible mistake.  People of genuine conscience must not remain
silent."

In this same message, he tacitly reveals that he _is_ Tony Simpson,
though with a bizarre braggadocio that leaves one wondering whether he
was being vainglorious or self-mocking:

"Saundra, A quick note of thanks for reprinting my letter to the
Lewiston Tribune.  I had forgotten just how brilliant it was.  Upon
rereading it, it was obvious to me why you found it so compelling.
Sometimes I just get carried away by my own eloquence."

In total, ToeKneeTime has posted 47 messages of similar babbling.
Occasionally, he says something clever, which makes one think that
there are at least two person's using the same account, one with a few
more brain cells than the others.