[Vision2020] Re: The unborn are God's children.......

joekc at adelphia.net joekc at adelphia.net
Thu Mar 23 21:52:25 PST 2006

Dear Tony,

If all children are God's children, shouldn't we let Him worry about the abortion problem? Do you think He can't take care of it on His own? Does He need your help? Why would one need to help an Omnipotent Being? How can more laws possibly help people to become better than they already are? Does God care merely about what we do, regardless of why we do it?

I am not 'pro-abortion' by any means. I'm just telling you that the point is to help people to MAKE the right choices, not to FORCE them to do it. This involves argument and influence, not the LAW. It is impossible to force someone to make a choice of any kind. If people fail to make the right choice, then let Him take care of it. I'm confident that He will. Aren't you?

Compelling people to 'do the right thing' via some law is not the same thing as helping someone to make the right decision. As I see it, Christianity has more to do with the latter than with the former. I'd like to know why I'm wrong if I am.

--
Joe Campbell

---- ToeKneeTime at aol.com wrote:

Joan and J,

Glad that you would never support anyone in getting an abortion.   Surely
unborn children are God's children, worthy of support and  compassion.
Abortionists stepping in and messing with the process of  gestation are playing God and
THEY HAVE NO RIGHT!  They should get over  themselves and let the unborn live.

Best,  Tony