[Vision2020] Ah, somemore thoughts

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 23 13:09:32 PST 2006

I know of PLENTY of institutions where people of different
faith/life-choices/belief systems/political affiliations work side-by-side
quite happily.  Point is, Bob H states that 17 jobs were created by NSA - NO
THEY WERE NOT.  The people that work at NSA are NSA grads, Dougie's
offspring/in-laws, CCer's who were working in other areas of the
organization, etc.  THEY HAVE CREATED NOTHING that this community can point
to and say "What a great asset they are to this town."  All they do is
support themselves - illegally!

Your other argument is that "being downtown, they spend downtown".  Most
people are NOT living downtown and yet they seem very capable of
driving/biking/walking to the CBD and spending money there.  NSA
staff/student body is not?!  From what I understand, WalMart is not having a
fast food area nor a bookstore, nor a gym, nor a gem store (i.e. were GEMS
and gemologists work), nor any of the other specialty stores in it's complex
that can be found in the CBD.  NSA students are working at WalMart now...but
they supposedly spend $2mil in the CBD now...why would that change if they
(NSA) were to have to move from the CBD?  And I ask again, how has their
spending changed from the times they were illegally in other non-zoned areas
of Moscow?

J  :]