[Vision2020] RE: No Walmart, Now What?

Drexel Rhoades rhoadesclan1 at msn.com
Thu Mar 23 11:17:52 PST 2006

Thanks, Area Man (Dan) for your informative reply.

Does anyone know what Thompson is asking for his property?  I've heard the
city thinks that property is not desirable for fields or a high school
because it's across from the cemetary.   If true, that's a ridiculous
viewpoint.  These fields are flat and in a beautiful location for public
use.  They would be much cheaper to develop, and access would be easier,
safer and have less impact on neighborhoods.

The city should sell the property by the Arboretum and use the funds to
purchase this property.  It will be cheaper to develop, and I doubt the
community (I live near there) will object to fields and lights.

Drex Rhoades