Who's Anti-Business? (was RE: [Vision2020] Understanding Alturas)

Mark Solomon msolomon at moscow.com
Mon Mar 20 19:44:39 PST 2006

Right on, Kit!

I've been arguing with the city for decades
(literally) that their actions to rezone land in
the core of Moscow from Industrial/Light
Industrial to Motor Business or some type of
residential was acting against the economic
health of the city. Some of you may remember the
huge sign I painted on the side of my
blacksmith/welding shop at the corner of Main St
and Sweet Avenue the night after the council
rezoned the industrial lands along north Almon
(past Rosauer's) and the Moscow-Pullman Hiway
(the site of Adelphia):

"Moscow Industrial Ghetto".  Said it all to me.

Then the UI bought all the industrial land along
Sweet Avenue, the DOT bulldozed the ghetto, etc...

Mark Solomon