[Vision2020] Re: 06 Candidates

Nils Peterson nilsp at moscow.com
Mon Mar 20 12:13:18 PST 2006

What if rather than waiting for these candidates to outline their
platform, the community were to work on writing  planks and see who
would salute them. The community would not need to agree on any
plank, ie there might be two (or more) economic growth planks, but it
would be nice is sizable constituencies agreed to various planks. The
key would be that the community articulated what it wanted, rather
than waiting to see what the candidate came up with.

Anyone wishing to try this is welcome to use MoscowWiki for the
exercise. http://moscowwiki.editme.com  Since our recent vandalism
incident we now require you to create a (free) account to edit.  I'd
suggest you create a page called "06 Platform Planks" and open with a
comment requesting others to not engage in edit wars, but rather, to
develop their own (alternative) plank.  Candidates, you are welcome
to link your campaign website to this page.

I'm not going to do this work because for the Wiki to succeed, it
needs to be built by many users. I'll provide "wiki gardening" to
help the page evolve.

You can follow edits to MoscowWiki by email (get an account in the
Wiki) or would-be editors could post notes to this list of their work.

Message: 1