[Vision2020] Thanks To All

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Sat Mar 18 20:53:24 PST 2006

All,

Lest we forget, handouts are all that will work for some unfortunates.

At one time a few years ago, 85% of welfare went to children, the elderly,
and the severely disabled.

I don't mean to disparage the idea that able-bodied and able minded adults
should be placed in a position so that they would choose to be gainfully
employed.  I even (gasp!) support certain kinds of workfare for certain
classes of adults.

However, there are those for whom gainful employment is not a probability
due to their capacities and/or situations.

W.