[Vision2020] The Poor and Sick And Those In Need (was meals onwheels)

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat Mar 18 18:22:26 PST 2006

"Speak softly, but carry a big stick."

- Theodore Roosevelt

Just a thought.

Tom "Big Stick" Hansen

Moscow, Idaho

  _____

From: vision2020-bounces at moscow.com [mailto:vision2020-bounces at moscow.com]
On Behalf Of Donovan Arnold
Sent: Saturday, March 18, 2006 6:12 PM
To: J Ford; vision2020 at moscow.com
Subject: Re: [Vision2020] The Poor and Sick And Those In Need (was meals
onwheels)

Jackie Ford asks:

"I searched over 100 Ben Franklin sites last night and I could not find this

passage anywhere. If anyone (besides his comblessness or any other CCer)
could direct me to it, I'd appreciate it. There are several places in Poor
Richard's that Ben said the taking care of poor and sick was a DUTY of all
who claim God as their own. As does Jesus."

Benjamin Franklin wrote that in November 1766, On the Price of Corn and
Management of the Poor.

Jesus also did not make judgments on the appearances of others.  He said
love thy neighbors.

_DJA