Who's Anti-Business? (was RE: [Vision2020] Understanding Alturas)

Saundra Lund sslund at adelphia.net
Sat Mar 18 15:03:52 PST 2006

I'd like to thank Robin Woods, LEDC President for bringing up the following:
"The LEDC assists businesses in all of Latah County.  A huge success story
is Potting Shed Creations, LTD., in Troy.  It moved to Troy in 2004 with 12
jobs.  It now employs over 40 and has recently broken into European
markets."

I'm hoping someone with a better memory or more information than mine will
help out.

As I recall, Potting Shed Creations was interested in moving to Moscow.  How
did this wonderful & thriving *local* business wind up moving from Pullman
to Troy instead of to Moscow?  It seems to me there was some kind of zoning
problem, but all I can find on the City Web site is:
http://www.ci.moscow.id.us/cityclerk/council/2003/Council%2010-20-03.pdf

I guess I'm bringing this up because there have been a few shrill
accusations that the current City Council is anti-business, yet Moscow's
most unfortunate loss of Potting Shed Creations happened under the previous
council.  For those of you so quick to accuse the current Council (seated
for all of less than three months!) of being anti-business, is that a label
you think applies to the previous Council?  If so, where were your
criticisms then?

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.
- Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2005, Saundra Lund.
Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside the Vision 2020 forum
without the express written permission of the author.*****