[Vision2020] Changing the subject header

Joan Opyr joanopyr at moscow.com
Sat Mar 18 14:56:26 PST 2006

I apologize to Ellen Roskovich for not having changed the "Meals on
Wheels" subject header.  That's a problem with threads on this and
other lists; they often lead us in different directions and the lazy
(i.e., me) don't always remember to change the header to reflect a
change in content.  What I was responding to was not the Meals on
Wheels crisis but our local newspaper of record's failure to cover the
story, a subject brought up by Tom Ivie and one that I thought relevant
to Vision 2020.  I suppose the subject header should have been "What
the hell's wrong with the Daily News?"

That said, I do not have a private joke going with Wayne Fox.  It's
also not the case that I don't give a damn about meals on wheels.  I
certainly do, and I have corresponded with Roger Falen offlist about
the problem.  Unfortunately, my suggested solution, setting up a
volunteer rota to make meals in our homes and deliver them personally
until the program can be fixed, won't work because Meals on Wheels
requires an inspected commercial kitchen.  That's too bad.

So, what is wrong with the Daily News?  How did it become such an
irrelevant and clueless rag?  How reliant is the Daily News (or,
rather, its reporters) on this forum for news, information, and, quite
often, misinformation?

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.joanopyr.com

PS: Online chat groups are like birthday presents from your
grandmother.  Sometimes, you open up the box and hit the jackpot.  More
often than not, it's just another ugly sweater.