[Vision2020] Re: Bush not the only one misled by faulty intelligence...

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 14:57:29 PST 2006

On 3/17/06, ToeKneeTime at aol.com <ToeKneeTime at aol.com> wrote:

> Well, a lot to cover....  Yes, 1.5 million marched against the war.  So
> what?  This does not automatically indicate a lack of overall support.
> Could just reflect the activity of a vocal minority.

I posit that anyone who could say that without being disingenuous
would have to have a very selective memory.  Support for the war grew
after Bush had dishonestly taken us there, but that is only because
Joe and Janet Public didn't have the fortitude to stand up against the
shrill (and government orchestrated) cries of "how un-patriotic!"

Patriotism is a chancre on the buttocks of democracy.  Or, to quote
Prince Charles: "...a monstrous carbuncle on the face of a much-loved
and elegant friend."