[Vision2020] Council Far From Anti-Growth

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Fri Mar 17 07:55:13 PST 2006

Has anyone noticed the problems with the current WalMart building?

The west door on the main entrance has been inoperable on and off for
months.  It has been inoperable for about 6 weeks this time.  There is
visual evidence of faults/seal failure where the building walls meet the
grade level in places.  Failure to address these problems could lead to some
serious frost-wedging and attendant problems, some of which are extremely
expensive to fix.

Ron Force posted information a few weeks ago alleging that WalMart
structures are built to specifications which insure a short life.

What does this mean for our community?  If the new Super WalMart is built,
will we see the same kind of shoddy construction?  Will the current WalMart
structure even be usable if the SWM arrives?  Does the city council need to
visit building standards for commercial structures in order to insure we are
not left in a few years time with unusable and/or unsafe hulks?

Art Deco (Wayne A. Fox)
deco at moscow.com