[Vision2020] Council Far From Anti-Growth

B. J. Swanson bjswan at moscow.com
Thu Mar 16 18:35:45 PST 2006

Matt,

Anatek Labs and Alturas Analytics are located at 1282 Alturas Drive.

Comtech-AHA is located at 1126 Alturas Drive.

I have been on several "Red Carpet Committees" to try and lure a part of
Schweitzer Engineering to Moscow.  At one time, they even identified the
Thompson property (proposed Wal-Mart site) as their favorite.  The last
committee even had the backing of the State of Idaho Department of
Commerce and Labor to offer everything that was legally possible to
offer.  No Go.  Schweitzer is very committed to Pullman and all we can say
is "Good for Pullman."

To say Schweitzer was shunned away is totally false.

B. J. Swanson