[Vision2020] Re: Parasite?

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 14 14:42:39 PST 2006

"Why God killed Onan for his disobedience
instead of exacting the usual penalty (Deuteronomy 25:5-10) we are
not told. But anybody who reads the Bible carefully knows that we
can't trust in God."

What a horrible thing to say! I trust in God more than myself.

God took back Onan's life because God gave him a direct command to marry
his dead brother's wife and give her a child and Onan openly defied
God.

The moral of the story here is, when God tells you to have
sex with a woman and get her pregnant, by golly, you better do it! :)

I was also unaware that Holy Water induced an abortion. I thought
that only worked on vampires.

_DJA

Ralph Nielsen <nielsen at uidaho.edu> wrote:  [Vision2020] Re: Parasite?

Joan Opyr joanopyr at moscow.com
Tue Mar 14 08:31:43 PST 2006

 > Donovan asks:  "I am curious, are you saying that the value of
life is
 > determined by its size?"

Joan Opyr
Chasuk's point, I believe, was that he cannot assign the terms
"innocent" or "human" to a collection of cells the size of a pinhead.
I have no idea (and neither does Donovan) how Chasuk defines the "value
of life."  I have no idea how Chasuk defines life, period.  We human
beings are a massive collection of living cells, a few hundred thousand
of which "die" everyday.  (Or is it millions?  Biology 101 was a long
time ago.)  That said, though I am pro-choice, I am neither sanguine
nor dismissive when it comes to moral qualms about abortion.  In my own
experience, the desire to carry a pregnancy to term is overwhelming,
even when that pregnancy is dangerous, unwise, harmful, or devastating.
   I've known many women facing an unwanted pregnancy and the unwanted
choice of whether or not to terminate.  None of them danced down to the
clinic or had an "I'm so relieved" party afterward.

And, while I'm on the subject, let me just go ahead and stick my big
sexist foot into this debate: until men become pregnant and face the
physical risks and emotional turmoil themselves, I'm not all that
interested in what they have to say on the subject.  You want to hear
me rant about vasectomies?  About killing (or trapping) innocent
spermatozoa who might, just might, one day fertilize an egg?  Probably
not.  I don't recall abortion being mentioned in the Bible, but there's
considerable food for thought when it comes to the sin of Onan.  If
you're spilling your seed onto the ground, gentlemen . . . God help
you.

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.joanopyr.com

PS: And don't even start with Thou Shall Not Kill; there are too many
qualifiers.  Thou Shall Not Kill unless we're talking about a convicted
criminal, or self-defense, or the "enemy."  Pshaw.

Ralph Nielsen
Many Bible commentators prefer the word "murder" instead of "kill." A
Hebrew is specifically forbidden to murder a fellow Hebrew. Killing
people for picking up sticks on a Saturday is commanded by God.

Joan is correct, the word "abortion" is not found in the Bible. But
God does speak of it in two places. Read my letter, the last one, in
the Lewiston Tribune, Sunday March 12.

According to God's law, in Leviticus 27:3-7, the lives of children as
well as women are not valued as highly as those of adult men, while
no value whatsoever is given to a child under the age of one month.
There is no indication that a fetus has any status at all. So size
and gender do matter to God.

Onan's sin was not that of coitus interruptus. It was his refusal to
impregnate his brother's widow in order to father a son for his dead
brother (Genesis 38:8-10). Why God killed Onan for his disobedience
instead of exacting the usual penalty (Deuteronomy 25:5-10) we are
not told. But anybody who reads the Bible carefully knows that we
can't trust in God.

 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com

Yahoo! Travel
 Find  great deals to the top 10 hottest destinations!