[Vision2020] Some comments for Jeff Harkins

Mark Solomon msolomon at moscow.com
Sat Mar 4 15:05:17 PST 2006

Thanks for the real numbers. We know statistics
never lie although I will point out that any
numbers other than the ones from years that end
in zero are estimates and not actual counts.

I won't pretend to be a statistician, so feel free to correct my math:

Using the 1980 and 2000 actual census numbers:
subtract 16,513 from 21,291 for a total
population growth of 4,778 people in 20 years
divided by the 2000 # of 21,291 people yields an
increase of 22% over 1980 or 1.1%/yr.

Mark