[Vision2020] Remembering Phil

Jack Van Deventer jack at moscowUSA.com
Sat Mar 4 09:31:40 PST 2006

In his own words...

-----Original Message-----
From: vision2020-bounces at moscow.com [mailto:vision2020-bounces at moscow.com]
On Behalf Of Phil Nisbet
Sent: Monday, July 25, 2005 11:43 PM
To: vision2020 at moscow.com
Subject: Re: [Vision2020] To Rose Husky

Yes Joan, it is a slippery slope.  Using the example of the communion wine
and the insistence that any wine used in a religious ceremony given to
minors is supposedly a crime as preached by Ted and several others here on
this particular listserv, Jews would indeed be barred from holding a Pesach
Seder on University or City Property.  Similarly, Catholics who offer wine
with their communions would also be barred from such religious practice
involving those properties.  Only temperance minded religions need apply so
order up the grade juice.

And in the zoning department, other Non-CC schools have indeed been sucked
into the feud, forced to hire lawyers and defend their rights to conduct
business.  That included MSD and its alternative HS location.

The fact is that Zoning and communion wine and the price paid for rental
fees and a host of other 'issues' have nothing at all to do with what this
feud is about.  You are at war with the CCers because they hold certain
views that you find abhorrent.

The principle battle here is about statements made about Gay rights and
others made with regards to Slavery.  Why on earth are you trying to play up

some other angle?  Why make this some sort of holy war, where any action.
regardless of who it hurts in the process, is justified as "the Law is the
Law"?

I listened to the Auntie Establishment show from this last Sunday.  I found
Rose's statements, that anybody who did not support your cause was some how
a collaborator similar to the French who did not fight the Nazis, was very
telling.  That statement was made after you had made the statement that
people, who saw things in terms of an Us versus Them, were being mindless.
So if we do not join Rose's side we are working for Hitler/Wilson and our
kids will be ashamed that we did not fight on her side in the "Culture
Wars"?  Looks pretty Us versus Them to me, but then if the shoe fits. . .

If you stuck with the real causes of this dispute, you would have a lot more

community support.  I doubt that the bulk of the community concurs with an
attitude that would foster violence against Gays and Lesbians.  I also doubt

that the bulk of the population thinks that Southern Slavery was a good
thing.  If you ask us to join you in condemning such behaviors, there is no
doubt in my mind that you would receive wide spread acclaim and have no
doubt had such for that stand.

But it's beyond that now and spreading to others in areas unrelated to the
cause of grievance.  Wilson is not Hitler.  We are not Occupied France.  The

trains are not rolling east and the SD is not standing on every corner.  The

CCers are not arming themselves, nor robbing armored cars, nor bumping off
Radio Hosts.  Declarations of Total War are pretty strange under the
conditions.

Phil Nisbet

On Jul 25, 2005, Joan wrote;

"Persecution?  Please.  By this definition, I persecuted my dog the
other day when I strongly objected to its peeing on my shoe.  (I
happened to be wearing the shoe at the time.  Naughty dog.)

If a church consistently flouts the law, consistently takes the king's
coin while deliberately and systematically ignoring the king's rules,
is it persecution to point this out?  Is it persecution to insist that
Christ Church and its leaders be held to the same rules and standards
as every other religious organization in Moscow?  Doug Wilson asks why
Rose Huskey and Saundra Lund aren't going after the Mormon Church or
the Methodists or the Catholics.  The answer is simple: the Mormons,
the Methodists, and the Catholics are not claiming property tax
exemptions on their office buildings and vanity press publishing
houses.  They walk the line; they don't try to hopscotch over it or dig
holes under it.

The only slippery slope in Moscow is the one Doug Wilson has spent the
past 15 years paving with banana peels.

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.auntie-establishment.com"

Jack