[Vision2020] Good bye my dear friend

AreaMan areaman at moscow.com
Sat Mar 4 14:20:43 PST 2006

I've been struggling trying to find something to say about Phil that
would be all kinds of profound and memorable.  In all honesty, words
can't express how I feel.  I'm pissed a guy has to go so soon, and I
think it really sucks for his sons.  I am confident, though, that with a
role model like their dad the boys will pull through.  Yeah, it'll be
tough, but if they're anything like their dad, they're tough too.

I'd like to thank Phil for all the support he offered me during my
campaigns, and for encouraging me to keep trying, even going as far as
egging me on to run for Latah County Commissioner (which I kept telling
him "heck no!").

I'll agree with Wayne so far as to say we don't need to make everything
all sweetness and light on The Vizzz yet.  Phil liked firey debate, and
he was passionate about his cause.

We are all lucky to have had the chance to talk to the fella.

Godspeed, Phil

Your pal,
Dan Carscallen