[Vision2020] Re: Gay marriage...... an oxymoron......

Nolan Lynch scourgeofthenorth at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 2 15:36:12 PST 2006

I posted this earlier, but got the heading wrong. Hopefully this one will go
where it's told.

Here's my perspective: marriage is a covenant in which two individuals are
joined together, forming one flesh, a single entity. In normal circumstnces
this unity becomes especially evident when the husband and the wife
literally combine to
form one flesh: a child. In a gay marriage, there can be no child, therefore
there can be no marriage. This is of course excluding extenuating
circumstances involving infertility, etc. where reproduction is impossible
for medical reasons. A gay couple cannot form one flesh, they cannot
reproduce; nor were they designed to.