[Vision2020] Gay Marriage...an Oxymoron

Nolan Lynch scourgeofthenorth at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 2 15:18:33 PST 2006

Here's my perspective: marriage is a covenant in which two individuals are
joined together, forming one flesh, a single entity. In normal circumstnces
this unity become evident when the husband and the wife literally combine to
form one flesh: a child. In a gay marriage, there can be no child, therefore
there can be no marriage. This is of course excluding extenuating
circumstances involving infertility, etc. My point is that gay marriage is
really an oxymoron. A gay couple cannot form one flesh, they cannot
reproduce; nor were they designed to.