[Vision2020] Perspectives

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 2 01:48:18 PST 2006

The following is what NSA says is its objective:

"The College's primary objective for its students is to educate young
Christian men and women broadly and deeply in the liberal arts from a
distinctively Christian, Reformed perspective, to equip them for lives of
faithful service to the Triune God and His kingdom, and to encourage the use
of their gifts for the growth of Christian culture.  THE COLLEGE EXPECTS ITS
STUDENTS TO CONDUCT THEMSELVES WITH ALL HOLINESS AND REVERENCE IN WORK, DEED
AND ATTITUDE, to maintain sound doctrine, to nurture a reformational
Christian culture, submitting to the Lordship of Christ and to His Word in
all areas of life, and to practice and preserve the highest standards of
academic integrity...The College's primary objective for its administration
is to provide academic leadership for the faculty, students, and the College
as a whole, and to nurture godly personal relationships characterized by
mutual submission, respect, and honor with and between the faculty and
students."

Not sure who wrote this, but perhaps Mr. Halverson and Mr. Schlect should go
over it once more and make sure they understand just what those words are
supposed to mean.  Certainly, their actions towards members/former members
as well as community people does not prove out that they do.  I would be
interested in knowing if Mr. Schlect has disciplined Mr. Halverson for his
deceptions or is this one more instance of "big talk from little people".
After all, he does say "Perhaps Nate did behave badly to this man."

Schlect goes on:  "My concern is this: you publicly chastised one of our
students for this incident—and through him, our whole student body, faculty,
and administration—on the basis of one report. You did not seek out another
perspective"

Question - just how many perspectives do you need?  Those at the meeting and
those of us who watched the meeting on tv, certainly were witness to Mr.
Halverson's actions that evening.  The owners of several stores/businesses
were witness to his actions towards them during his signature attempts.
Just how many is enough for you?  The Bible requires two (as is repeatedly
pointed out by Wilson, Lawyer, Jones, etc.)  Or are you looking for a
perspective that would support his actions of that week and night thereby
relieving you of your "duty" to discipline this person?

Hmmmmm........

J  :]