[Vision2020] Re: Gay marriage...... an oxymoron......

Phil Nisbet pcnisbet1 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 1 23:14:20 PST 2006

Tony

I am a libertarian Conservative, so a liberal label will not fit in my case.

That said, if Marriage is indeed solely for the protection of childern, why
is there marriage with benefits for marrieds without kids?  Similarly, if
two gay folks have kids, why are they not allowed to marry to protect their
childern?  And for single parents who have kids, are you suggesting that
they lack protections of some sort in addition to lacking the benefits
handed to married without kids?

YOu see the problem is complex and not only complex, but a matter of handing
rights and benefits to cover people who do not fit your definition.

Phil Nisbet