[Vision2020] A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, Part 2

Brent Bradberry bbradber at moscow.com
Wed Mar 1 13:48:54 PST 2006

     Another glorious morning! Once again, Mandy and I took our
constitutional on Moscow Mountain. Today, for the first time all winter,
there was another car in the Tamarack parking area when we arrived. As I
was putting on my skis, a  young man came into view, with a sled, two
large friendly dogs, and two very small, delighted children. To see such
family values in practice can hardly fail to bring cheer to the observer.
    We headed up the road and above the blue gate the only tracks I saw
were made by moose, rabbit, grouse and squirrel. There were also some
house-cat sized tracks which I didn't recognize. Perhaps marten? Snow
conditions were better than last week, with from one inch to several
inches of new snow over the crusty base. The new snow was sticky on my
waxless skis, but this was a good thing since it made me even slower
than usual: no wipeouts! Near the top, we took the left fork (Granite
Point) and enjoyed the wonderful view. One of these days I'll drop in on
Mark Solomon, if I can get there without embarassing myself by leaving
too many sitzplatzen.
    If it seems that I'm taunting those of you who must work for a
living by exulting in my freedom, I apologize. But there is life after
retirement, and it's great!

Warm regards to all,
Brent Bradberry

--