[Vision2020] Re: How dare you call me "snot-nosed", Bozo!

Saundra Lund sslund at adelphia.net
Wed Mar 1 12:01:06 PST 2006

Dear Mr. Simpson,

You wrote:
"Thanks to the Internet, average citizens are now able to seek out all sides
of the story and decide for themselves."

Interesting point.  For instance, I've been trying to figure out exactly
what grievance you have that would excuse the "petulant tantrum of a spoiled
child" manner in which you joined Moscow's Vision2020 discussion forum.

And, based on the comments from several other V2020 participants, it doesn't
look like I'm the only one trying to figure it out ;-)

You've identified "liberals," "academia," and the Lewiston Tribune ("the rag
that spikes your letters if they are persuasively critical of it's radical,
readership-baiting, loony editorialist"), and other than making a statement
about your perception of the benefits of Wal-Mart, I've not found any
specific gripe -- you just seem to want to attack, attack, attack those to
whom you've affixed the "liberal" label.

So, I turned to the Internet.  Can you please tell us, Mr. Simpson, are you
the same Tony Simpson who has had many letters published in the Lewiston
Tribune?  Are you the same Tony Simpson who unsuccessfully ran for Lewiston
City Council back in the 1990s?  Are you the same Tony Simpson who lives in
Lewiston?

If so, I'm curious as to why you've decided to turn your attention to
Moscow's V2020?  Certainly, we have participants who don't currently live in
Moscow, in Latah County, or even in Idaho, but AFAIK and other than our
periodic trolls, they've been upfront about that fact and have some ties to
our community.

Oh . . . one other question:  why did you include Dale Courtney as the
recipient of your last email while not bothering to direct your response to
Melynda Huskey (the subject of your post) at all?  It seems to me it would
be kind of hard to have a dialogue with people if you exclude as recipients
those with whom you ostensibly want to dialogue . . .

I'm anxiously awaiting some of that "fair-minded and considerate dialog" you
indicate is the behavior of "responsible and considerate citizens."

Please note I've REMOVED Dale Courtney as a recipient of this email since he
indicated that participation V2020 isn't good for his soul -- I try to
respect the clearly expressed wishes of others.  I've also INCLUDED Melynda
Huskey since that's to whom your comments were directed  :-)))

Note, too, the copyright statement below my sig line :-)

TIA,
Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.
- Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2005, Saundra Lund.
Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside the Vision 2020 forum
without the express written permission of the author.*****