[Vision2020] Pooh performs another valuable public service

Michael metzler at moscow.com
Thu Jun 29 20:19:30 PDT 2006

Dear Princess of the Kirk,

You Write:

Thanks for the heads-up, Pooh. God forbid that excellence in the visual arts
and classical music and other performing arts should ever come to Moscow, eh
Mike? [shudders] We wouldn't want to displace the tattoo parlors and other
manifestations of the indigenous high Palouse culture now would we . . .

Me:

Thank you once again for the kind, public thoughts.  However, I'm curious as
to why your accusations continue even when they are always shown to be
fallacious.  I'm also curious as to why you respond to my web site here on V
2020 after I have already invited you twice to put up your own posts up in
response on my web site.  Why would this kind of invitation be refused?  And
why do you not give the readership of V2020 at least the context of what you
are responding to (or perhaps just a link)?  I read something this afternoon
that suggests some answers to these questions:

"Conflict arises, of course, not only within, but between traditions and
such a conflict tests the resources of each contending tradition.  It is yet
another mark of a degenerate tradition that it has contrived a set of
epistemological defenses which enable it to avoid being put in question or
at least to avoid recognizing that it is being put in question by rival
traditions. This is, for example, part of the degeneracy of modern
astrology, of some types of psychiatric thought, and of liberal
Protestantism."  --Alasdair MacIntyre "Epistemological Crises, Narrative,
and Philosophy of Science" Monist, October 1977.

Of course, I'm all for excellence in the arts coming to Moscow.  Somehow you
were able to read my post while contriving a set of epistemological defenses
which enabled you to avoid being put in question or at least recognizing
that you were being put in question - and you can put that in your copy of
DKG and smoke it.  Its strange too that someone called me up yesterday and
two others emailed yesterday and today for the purpose of telling me that
they were glad for the valuable public service I was giving.  Its
providential events like these that keep my ministry alive.

Yours,

Michael Metzler

The Wood, Inc.

Serving the Palouse for Over 0.5 Years