[Vision2020] Christ Church and freedom of religion

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 28 16:02:48 PDT 2006

You are so wrong, grasshopper.

Being a "pastor" (non-ordained at that) does not mean you are THE only one
that can perform the communion.  Jesus did NOT say "Do this in rememberance
of me - when and only when in a church or a service."  He clearly stated
that we should do this (give thanks for Him and God) and the Blessings we
receive and understand why/how we received it - through HIS sacrifice, not
some guy who decides he wants to run a business he calls a "church".

Communion is NOT just the Blood and Body of Christ, but the COMMUNION with
God that we are supposed to do every day - you don't need someone to do that
for you or even with you.  NOwhere in the Bible does it state that if you
pray or have communion without being in a church, you have committed a sin.
NOR does it say you HAVE TO BE AROUND OTHERS to pray or be with God and if
you don't you have committed a sin.

Paul says that we should be around others that support our beliefs in order
to gain strength - but he does NOT say it would be a sin if we don't.

Again, even given your taking Jesus' words out of context, NOwhere is He
saying only a "pastor" or priest is the only person that can give you
communion.  NOwhere does He say "YOU MUST DO THIS IN A CHURCH SURROUNDED BY
PEOPLE DOING THE SAME THING."  Jesus prayed by HIMSELF in the garden, spent
40 days/night BY HIMSELF in the desert - was He not with God all those
times?  Was He not in "communion" with God during those times? Or was He
committing sin too simply becasue He was not in a church surrounded by other
people?

I have seen people in the kirker that are in "Sunday worship" after they
have sinned - Sitler and Jamin being the most noteable examples....but there
are plenty of others as you, DJ, know very well.  Just being in a church
surrounded by others does not mean you are not sinning.  Neither you nor
Dougie have any place putting the "title" of sinner on someone just because
you don't see them in church on Sunday.

Mayhap people don't go to church for the very reason of the Sitlers and the
Jamins being there.  Does tend to put a bad taste in the mouth when you
continue to see people there that you KNOW are doing horrible acts of
violance taking the "communion" you seem to feel is necessary to be absolved
of sin.  Didn't work for them, did it?

BTW, which came first - Saturday as the seventh day or Sunday?  And by which
calendar are you baseing that on?  What about DLS or winter/spring solstice
that changes the days and dates?  God does not command us to worship on any
day but the seventh - but He NEVER says what day that is.  For all we know
it could be Wednesday that is the seventh day.  Nor does He command us to do
so in a church.  People have called Nature God's ultimate church for
hundreds of years.  So if you want to worship with a moose or in a building
- that's between you and God.  No one but He can say if you have committed a
sin by not being in a man-constrained system of worship.  Mayhap you should
leave the judging up to Him?  His job anyway.

J  :]