[Vision2020] A stupid question

g. crabtree jampot at adelphia.net
Wed Jun 28 18:41:33 PDT 2006

Carl, I don't know  squat about pigeons but I do know that going nose to
beak with a sick one would be very low on my things to do list. A very
cursory Google search returned this;

Diseases Associated
with Pest Birds

Bacterial
Paratyphoid
Vibriosis
Salmonella
Listeriosis
Pasteurellosis

Fungal
Histoplasmosis
Candidiasis
Sarcosporidiosias
Blastomycosis

Viral
Encephalitis
Meningitis
Newcastle Disease
St. Louis Encephalitis

Protozoal
Toxoplasmosis
Trichomoniasis
American Trypansomiasis

Rickettsial
Rickets

(Does not include diseases spread by parasites which live on pest birds).

In most cases unless the bird in question is bright yellow, has an
unnaturally large head and lisps about puddy cats I'd give the feathery
little bastard a fairly wide berth. You might want to have an extra after
dinner beer just to help disinfect any lingering avian cooties, I mean you
can't be to careful, right?

gc