[Vision2020] A stupid question

Carl Westberg carlwestberg846 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 28 14:34:22 PDT 2006

That I should know the answer to, but don't.  Do we have pigeons in Moscow?
I ask because on my walk to work this morning, I was passing the Friendship
Square fountain and saw a  bird standing in the middle of the traffic
turnaround behind the fountain.  I walked literally right up to it, nose to
beak, and it didn't even budge.  It did not look like it was doing well at
all, just standing there panting, if birds can pant.  Or do you need a
tongue to pant?  Do birds have tongues?  There's so much I don't know.  I'm
no ornithologist, but I think it was a pigeon.  A very sick pigeon.  But
then I'm not a bird doctor, either.   Carl Westberg Jr.