[Vision2020] Black priveledge

Joan Opyr joanopyr at moscow.com
Wed Jun 28 11:07:07 PDT 2006

On Jun 28, 2006, at 12:40 AM, J Chevy wrote:

> Oh, it must be grand to be black; better yet, a black woman
> politician--or, a proud black woman. This double minority/other status
> evidently entitles her to the right to punch Capitol security guards
> and sling about racial slurs as sailors do four letter explicatives
> with no repercussions whatsoever. This repulsive behavior wouldn’t fly
> for the “good old boys,” or anyone else for that matter; quite the
> opposite. However, the go-ahead-and-trample-me,
> I’m-sorry-for-being-white mentality overrides any sanity that might
> otherwise prevail. Adding insult to injury, this characteristic is
> present in even the most conservative party members. What’s next for
> this black woman politician, now that she can successfully evade
> prosecution by playing the race-gender cards? Perhaps O.J., Rodney
> King, or race hustling reverends like Sharpton, Jackson, or Farrakhan
> could proffer up some advice—as if she’s doing bad on her own.
>
> http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewPolitics.asp?Page=/Politics/archive/200606/
> POL20060627a.html

I won't comment on Cynthia McKinney's website except to observe that,
like you J. Chevy, she's a bit of a nut.  As you seem to be a local
problem (McKinney belongs to the state of Georgia, and they can keep
her) let's see if we can't do something, anything, about you.  What are
the joys of being black?  I wouldn't know; I'm white.  I was with a
wealthy black friend when we went car shopping up in Spokane.  I was
dressed as usual -- Carhartts, boots, and a flannel shirt that had seen
better days.  She looked as if she'd just stepped out of a band box.
She had enough money in her checkbook to pay cash for the car she
wanted, a brand-spanking new Toyota Avalon.  As we stood in the lot
looking at cars, salesman after salesman asked me if I wanted to test
drive one.  It was some time before any salesman addressed my friend.
And then, what did this magic white salesman say?  He said, "What makes
you think you can afford this car?"

No, I'm not pulling your leg, even though it clearly has bells on.  I
am amazed by your assumptions about the joys of being black, gleaned as
they are from one controversial politician's ill-tempered website.
What would happen if I were to apply your methods to the websites of
Doug Wilson or Dale Courtney?  Perhaps I should use their blogging to
determine what it means to be Christian?  In Doug's case, being
Christian means that you believe Jesus used ethnic humor; that there is
nothing inherently unChristian about holding slaves; and that the way
to win souls is to hurl insults at the infidels.  On Dale Courtney's
site, I'd find that being Christian meant stealing photographs of local
women from other websites, posting them without permission, and
inviting my blog audience to tell the world how ugly they are.  Isn't
that nice?  Isn't that Christ-like?  Oh, that hilarious savior-messiah
-- what a card!  Sometimes, I can't tell the difference between Jesus
and Don Rickles -- I really can't!

In the meantime, as one honky ofay to another, please do us all a favor
and shut up.  If you want to hide behind an anonymous facade and hurl
empty insults at the black folk, then get out there and do it right.
Buy yourself a set of cheap white sheets and move to Cynthia McKinney's
district.  They'll know how to deal with you down in Georgia.  They've
been coping with your ilk for four hundred years.

BTW, if someone says to you "AYAK," the correct answer is "AKIA."  This
is old hat for us multigenerational southern crackers, but perhaps you
haven't read as many Thomas Dixon novels or listened to as many of
Jesse Helms' speeches as I have.  Another FYI?  You misspelled
privilege.  Did you by any chance attend a private religious school?

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.joanopyr.com

Glossary
AYAK: Are You a Klansman?