[Vision2020] RE: The Immorality of Blocking a Supercenter

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Wed Jun 28 07:26:13 PDT 2006

Tom, I had no way of knowing my anti-WalMart actions would be seen as the
nefarious forays into conspiracy they really were.  In fact, I actually
thought it was a gathering of the Harry Connick fan club until I got my
secret handshake figured out.

Always a step behind, yet grateful for those who take the lead,

keely

From: "Tom Hansen" <thansen at moscow.com>
To: "'Donovan Arnold'" <donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com>,        "'John
Dickinson'" <johnd at moscow.com>, <aaronament at moscow.com>,
<lpall at moscow.com>, <bstout at ci.moscow.id.us>,
<blambert at ci.moscow.id.us>, <jweber at ci.moscow.id.us>,
<nchaney at ci.moscow.id.us>, <vision2020 at moscow.com>
Subject: RE: [Vision2020] RE: The Immorality of Blocking a Supercenter
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 07:13:15 -0700

Arnold leads of with:

"In fact, there were leaders of anti Wal Mart efforts in the community
attending and reporting to followers on the progress and results of those
hearings."

Ah, yes . . . the infamous Palouse anti-WalMart sleeper cell (decoder ring
sold separately).  Where Arnold sees a conspiracy, I see community
involvement.

Arnold further stated:

"I think it was clear to all but the simplest of minds that this was about a
Supercenter being located off of Troy Highway. Your vote did result in the
removal of Moscow as being a considered location for the Supercenter."

And for that the city of Moscow is grateful.

Arnold continues . . .

"People need jobs, as well as access to affordable goods and services."

Yes.  People need jobs.  People need jobs that translate into careers,
Arnold.

And yet more from Arnold . . .

"They also need a greater tax base, rather then it falling on home dwellers
all the time."

Then you are in favor of taking tax-exempt institutions out of the central
business district?  Thus lightening the tax burden of business that do pay
taxes..

Seeya round town, Moscow.

"I think one of the best ways to support education is to make successful
private schools like Logos prosper through tax exemption."

- Donovan Arnold (July 11, 2005)

  List services made available by First Step Internet,
           mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com