[Vision2020] Getting a Community Plan was: Parking Downtown Moscow

Nils Peterson nils_peterson at wsu.edu
Tue Jun 27 21:44:20 PDT 2006

Bruce said:
"This re-designation of land to other uses from its zoned or planned
designation as industrial and motor business land is a typical,
short-sighted, developer-pushed project to maximize short-term profits
notwithstanding the existing plan."

And

" It is time to get ahead of the curve. Engage the community in the process
and get support for a proposal before seeking special treatment at the
expense of the citizenry."

Bruce, there was discussion that night at P&Z about converting industrial
land and several members pointed out that the Comprehensive Plan anticipates
the vacation of the railroads and the transition of that land to other uses.

I don't recall this concern about re-designation of industrial land at the
NewCities meeting at University Inn, where they gave a final(?) report and
advocated Moscow grow inward, upward, and that new mixed use development
take place between downtown and university.

So, I'm not sure I could agree with your assertion in the opening paragraph
about "developer-pushed, short-sighted..."