[Vision2020] Parking Downtown Moscow

Nils Peterson nils_peterson at wsu.edu
Tue Jun 27 06:32:03 PDT 2006

A couple weeks ago or so, Rick Beebe pulled a rezone application for the
south end of downtown -- the issue that came to a head in P&Z was related to
parking. Shortly after Murph wrote an editorial along the lines that we
can'd use parking as a weapon to bludgeon would-be development downtown.

But I just lost a few hours sleep over the issue (blame hot weather for
sleeping with the windows open and listening to the Jake brakes on trucks
coming in from Troy.)

Lets take parking as a serious issue. Lets take the abandoned (or
abandoning) area along the railroads as a real issue, and think about
NewCities recommendation to grow inward (ie the railroad lands).

How can we think about parking, and about the changes in that area of
downtown? How can they help one another? How are they not connected?