[Vision2020] answering g. crabtree

Sunil Ramalingam sunilramalingam at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 26 15:09:20 PDT 2006

Austin,

It's always been the unqualified praise for the antebellum South as having
the most harmonious inter-racial society that leaves me baffled.  I have
never understood that comment, seeing as how my marriage would have been
illegal in that society, as it was in most of this country until fairly
recently.  I think our society is improving, but I can't see how THAT
society could have been more advanced than we are today, or would treat me
or my family well.

Perhaps you could shed some light?

Sunil