[Vision2020] answering g. crabtree

Bill London london at moscow.com
Mon Jun 26 14:50:02 PDT 2006

Doug Wilson changed his story.  He renounced his earlier clear support of the slavery system in the pre-war American South expressed in his booklet "Southern Slavery, As it Was."
In his booklet, he wrote (for example):
    "owning slaves is not an abomination" page 21
    "the bible is clear that christians may own slaves" page 17
    "slave life was to them a life of plenty, of simple pleasures, of food, clothes, and good medical care" page 25.
That is why Wilson's statement (made after he adjusted his views) that you quoted below ("It's ridiculous to have to say the obvious -- that slavery has always been an evil needing to be abolished. But that has been our position from the start.") is false.
He was dragged, kicking and screaming, to that new position.  At the start of this all, Wilson held the neo-confederate pro-slavery view of the world.
BL