[Vision2020] Sitler to be released back to the CC fold

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 26 00:38:00 PDT 2006

Below is a letter with stats that was posted on poohsthink.com.  Please be
aware - this is disturbingly accurate and should serve as a wake-up to the
congregation that will be "welcoming" Sitler back into their fold as soon as
he is released.

QUESTION TO THE JUDGE - just how do you think Sitler's victims are going to
feel seeing him walking on the streets, free as anything, ready, willing and
able to strike again?

QUESTION TO DOUGIE - ARE YOU NUTS!!!  (purely rhetorical - so don't bother
answering.)  What possible good is it going to do for the children that he
victimized to see him sitting next to them in church?  Just what do you
think they will feel knowing he basically got away with murdering their
childhood only to be welcomed back with open arms?

NO - it does not matter that he will be "baby-sat" - he WILL strike again.
It is only a matter of time and the right circumstance to appear and bingo!

For you consideration, here are a series of bullet quotes addressing
pedophilia — the impossibility to “cure” it and the high recidivism rates
for offenders who have been caught. If you chase down some of these links,
you’ll see that “experts” have no clue as to the origin of pedophilia, which
accounts for their inability to treat it. You’ll also see that they have
tried everything — castration, positive-conditioning training, shock
therapy, female hormone therapy, years of psychotherapy — with no success. I
suppose that trying to alter a pedophile’s perverse sexual compulsion away
from children is tantamount to making a red-blooded heterosexual male not
desire females. Pedophiles — particularly Sitler’s variety (boys & girls
2–12) — are simply wired wrong at a fundamental level that no one can touch;
there is no surgery or medication that can treat them. So while some
pedophiles can be made to understand that society abominates their
perversion, in the end they cannot be changed, which was my point in the BTK
post.

Pedophiles cannot be treated; therefore they cannot be trusted. And since
the civil magistrate won’t execute Sitler, but Scripture nonetheless
prescribes his death, then life in prison is the best alternative. Wilson’s
“Playing Chess on a Backgammon Board” acknowledges the only real
alternative, but his contempt for authority — in this case the civil
magistrate — compels him to side with the predator despite the good of every
single person in the congregation and the community, which is the essence of
his enemy theology.

Finally, as an aside, if anyone argues that God could heal Sitler, then my
response is twofold: First, I absolutely agree that God may very well heal
Sitler, and it would be occasion for great joy. Second, how will anyone
prove it? Perhaps you would be willing to volunteer your four children as
guinea pigs. Let Sitler baby sit them for a week. And when you say, “No
way!” I respond, “Thank you for making my point.” Sitler can never be
trusted again, it goes with the crime. (This accounts for Stegner’s
stipulation that Sitler can never associate with anyone under the age of 18
unless he is accompanied by an adult whom his probation officer approved,
and Stegner prohibited Sitler from going to any city park, grade school,
junior high school, or high school unless accompanied by a chaperon. In
other words, Sitler must be baby sat the rest of his life.)

Again, I believe that the civil magistrate should execute Steven Sitler in
the name of the Lord Jesus Christ —with grace extended to him to the last
minute and with compassion — and I believe that this would be a mercy to
everyone involved — the victims, their families, Sitler’s parents, and
society as a whole. Steven Sitler has sinned to the point where he is a
burden to the earth. I say this without animus. It is a simple matter of
fact. But since execution is not an option, then he should be locked up with
pity, and the key thrown away. At that time, true ministers of the gospel
may visit him, for our Savior says, “I was in prison, and ye came unto me.”

The precise cause or causes of pedophilia (and other paraphilias) are not
known. . . . Pedophilia is defined as the act or fantasy of engaging in
sexual activity with prepubertal children as the preferred or exclusive
method of achieving sexual excitement.
http://www.psychologytoday.com/conditions/pedophilia.html

Pedophilia is defined by mental health professionals as a mental disorder,
but the American legal system defines acting on a pedophilic urge as a
criminal act. . . . The onset of pedophilia usually occurs during
adolescence. Occasional pedophiles begin their activities during middle age
but this late onset is uncommon.
http://www.minddisorders.com/Ob-Ps/Pedophilia.html

Age divide between being molested and molesting is thin. Although most
people would probably guess that the average age of child molesters in the
United States is around 25 or 30 years, it is actually 13, Abel told
Psychiatric News.
http://pn.psychiatryonline.org/cgi/content/full/41/10/37

Sexual offending, like many mental and medical conditions, can not be cured.
. . . Studies that have tracked sex offenders over longer follow-up periods
have found that pedophiles who molest boys, and rapists of adult women, were
the types of offenders most likely to recidivate at rates of 52% and 39%
respectively. . . . It is also important to recognize that official
recidivism statistics are always lower than actual re-offense rates, because
some sex offenders commit many sex crimes that go unreported and undetected.
It is estimated that less than 10% of all sex crimes result in a criminal
conviction. This means that there are many sex offenders in our communities
who have not yet been identified. . . . Offenders who seek out children to
victimize by placing themselves in positions of trust, authority, and easy
access to youngsters can have hundreds of victims over the course of their
lifetimes. One study found that the average number of victims for
non-incestuous pedophiles who molest girls is 20; for pedophiles who prefer
boys, over 100. . . . Predatory pedophiles, especially those who molest
boys, are the sex offenders who have the highest recidivism rates. Over long
follow-up periods, more than half of convicted pedophiles are rearrested for
a new offense. (emphasis added)
http://www.atsa.com/ppOffenderFacts.html

Pedophiles, especially those who molest boys, or both boys and girls, are
the sex offenders who have the highest recidivism (relapse) rates after
incarceration and/or treatment. (emphasis added)
http://www.atsa.com/ppPedophiles.html

Also, men who prefer boys are approximately twice as likely to reoffend as
those who prefer girls (Morrison, 1995).
http://www.psychologytoday.com/conditions/pedophilia.html

In addition, the rate of recidivism for persons with a pedophilic preference
for males is approximately twice that of pedophiles who prefer females. . .
. The prognosis of successfully ending pedophilic habits among persons who
practice pedophilia is not favorable. Pedophiles have a high rate of
recidivism; that is, they tend to repeat their acts often over time.
http://www.minddisorders.com/Ob-Ps/Pedophilia.html

“The prognosis of successfully ending pedophilic habits among persons who
practice pedophilia is not favorable. Pedophiles have a high rate of
recidivism; that is, they tend to repeat their acts often over time,”
reports L. Fleming Fallon, Jr., M.D. and PhD.
http://www.minddisorders.com/Ob-Ps/Pedophilia.html

Dr. William P. Wilson thinks, “The sad truth about pedophilia is that it is
almost impossible to treat. Many treatments have been tried. At one time in
Denmark they castrated all chronic pedophiles. There is no report as to the
effectiveness of this treatment. Other treatments have been tried to bring
about healing in these persons, but they have a low return.”

“I have attended a number of courses at the American Psychiatric Association
on the treatment of this disorder, but when you ask the presenters what
their results are they are dismal in the long term,” writes Dr. Wilson. “It
always amuses me to read a court report where they have remanded a convicted
offender to the community mental health center for counseling. It also makes
me sad because I know that they cannot help them. It seems reasonable to
believe that if experts who have spent years trying to help them often feel
helpless, how can someone who has not had training, and possesses no
techniques that will help with this problem, do anything that will be
constructive.”
http://www.ipce.info/library_3/files/cloud_ped_time.htm

The younger the prisoner when released, the higher the rate of recidivism.
For example, of all the sex offenders under age 25 at the time of discharge
from prison, 59.8% were rearrested for some type of crime within 3 years, or
more than double the 23.5% of those age 45 or older.
http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/pub/ascii/rsorp94.txt

Every parent in Moscow should memorize his picture and do what you can to
protect and warn your children!

J  :]