[Vision2020] Christ Church and freedom of religion

Joe Campbell joekc at adelphia.net
Sun Jun 25 06:49:58 PDT 2006

Mr. Rumelhart asks: "Is this church actively trying to change law or procedure here in Moscow in an effort to bring this about? I don't know enough about our zoning procedures, for example, to know if the church was given undue favor when NSA was allowed downtown.  If this church is being favored over others, then I would have reason to object.  Likewise if members of the community were trying to use the same kinds of methods to stifle this one church over other religious organizations, I would also object to that."

Several members of CC worked hard to get a law passed banning shirtless car washes, so yes they have helped to change some local laws.

NSA is allowed downtown yet UI is not, so there appears to be some favoritism, something that NSA has yet our 100+ year institution does not.

Go to the next Camber of Commerce meeting and see for yourself whether “the same kinds of methods” are being used “to stifle this one church over other religious organizations.” The members of CC are doing just fine in the community, I’d say.

Best, Joe