[Vision2020] Christ Church and freedom of religion

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 25 02:30:55 PDT 2006

"Does the leadership of Christ Church respect freedom of religion? "

No...they believe and push Dougie's brand of religion, which is very
contrary to most people's understanding of a Christian or Christ-like
attitude or affect.

"Are they pushing some kind of agenda to make over Moscow into a
Christian-only area?"

Even while still a member, I remember being told and hearing that by the
elders and Dougies himself, that their "agenda that wasn't" was one of a
political nature.  Several of the men were encouraged/ordered to serve in
public offices, such as Todd Flack on the P&Z and Paul Kimmell on the Latach
County Commission.  All the while, Doug repeatedly stated to the rest of the
town that he had no political agenda; until recently, that is.  The
commissioning of GMA has finally put that to rest.

Again, the "make over" is one in which Dougie is leader and his way is the
white/male only way that is allowed.

"The submission of women topic doesn't bother me because the women of that
church don't seem to have any problems with it."

That is probably one of the most heart-felt mistaken statements I've heard.
It is not that the women don't have a problem with the submission issue,
it's that they have no outlet to voice any objections they may have.  Only a
few of them have been ALLOWED to speak up and then only for a period of time
set by the men.  If you will notice, it is only the "men" of that church
that have been talking non-stop nonsense about anything that has no real
substance and certainly no real connection to reality or to what subject
matter has been raised or is being discussed.

"I don't even really care about the whole Sitler thing because there are so
many inconsistencies between both versions of events that I'll probably
never know what really happened or who
should have done what when."

This is another very sad statement from you....you SHOULD care, especially
if you have children in this area that may have had contact with him or
could have in the future when he is "returned to society after serving his
'time.'"

The problem with "more power to them" is that they will snap that up and run
with it to the detriment of others.  They absolutely should not be granted
special privileges nor have special treatment by the City just because they
are Christ Church.  But that apparently is exactly what happens at times.

No one, to my knowledge, is saying "Get out of town" solely based on their
theology - what we HAVE said is "Stop trying to change this into your town
and learn to be a part of THIS community."  As has been pointed out, many
different religions are in Moscow...only ONE of them is demanding changes
and demanding special treatment - Christ Church.

Honestly, I have never in my life seen a leader of an organization make the
kinds of snide, rude, calculated comments and name callings that Dougie
does.  He does not deserve the title of "Pastor" because he has not earned
it - either by training, acts or attitude.  He is shameful and an
embarrassment to those in who are legitimately in that field of God's work.

J  :]