[Vision2020] Holy Spirit

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 16:45:48 PDT 2006

I suppose that I at one time believed in the Holy Spirit in the
literal sense.  However, that didn't last long.  For me, believing in
the Holy Spirit in a literal sense actually diminishes it; remember
when The Force was cool -- before it were reduced to midichlorians?
For me, asking a sober adult to believe in the Holy Spirit in any
literal, Trinitarian sense is akin to asking him or her to believe in
midichlorians.

When I was still a theist, I thought of the Holy Spirit as the fruits
of God's grace, the "love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,
faithfulness, gentleness and self-control" that Paul mentioned in his
epistle to the Galatians.

Which is more common nowadays: belief in a literal Holy Spirit, or the
metaphorical Holy Spirit?

--
http://emmagoldman.wordpress.com/

"Aren't people absurd! They never use the freedoms they do have, but
demand those they don't have; they have freedom of thought, they
demand freedom of speech." -- Søren Kierkegaard