[Vision2020] Statistics for Everyone--from Rugby Fans to Trekkies

Corbin Bellona corbinbellona at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 22 12:40:32 PDT 2006

So now we're on to talking about Star Trek, Deacon?
Here are some stats for you, then.
4,300 child molesters were released from prisons across 15 states in 1994,
and 3.3% of those were rearrested, reconvicted, reimprisoned just three years
later for another sex offense against a child.
I know--it doesn't sound like much.  Only 3.3% who were CAUGHT were
reimprisoned.  So...not really knowing how much the Kirk has grown, would it
be safe to say about 3.3% of the Kirk are child molestors?  Or only .01%?
I mean, after all--it's just a statistic.
Great to know you're part of a statistic, huh?
Besides, Sitler only went for counseling AFTER there were allegations.  Hmm.
But it warms my heart to see that other Kirker boys like to talk about sports
and Star Trek.  How fun.

--Corbin