[Vision2020] When Wal-Marts go Dark

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue Jun 20 16:10:06 PDT 2006

Another item of interest concerning Wal-Mart's "Just in Time" inventory
system:

Since Wal-Mart does not maintain any of its inventory in warehouses, items
are constantly "in transit" from one outlet to another.

One can hardly imagine the impact of gas prices on such a system.

Thoughts?

sideways, chocolate in one hand, a drink in the other, body thoroughly used
up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO. What a ride!'"