[Vision2020] anysoldier.com

rvrcowboy rvrcowboy at clearwire.net
Tue Jun 20 06:51:15 PDT 2006

Joan writes:  "Just as opposition to the war is not the same as opposing those who serve, support for U. S. soldiers is not support for the war."

Gier goes way beyond this.  He salivates everytime one of our troops gets accused of some heinous crime or some insurgent accuses them of anything and everything.  People like him make it obvious they do not support the war OR THE SOLDIERS.

You, and others here, must equate yourselves to "people like Nick" since you take it so personally that someone recognizes the obvious in them concerning their feelings toward our troops.  At the very least, people like that have to believe our troops are stupid for volunteering to serve under a person they believe to be incompetent, a liar and a terrorist in his own right.
I have seen no evidence you are one of those people except for the fact you jump to the defense of Nick and his ilk.

You say that you donate through anysoldier.com to our troops and that is commendable.  I only hope you are doing it because you truly support our troops and believe they are intelligent enough not to voluntarily engage in a mission that is criminal and without merit and not because you are trying to placate your own conscience.  They put their lives on the line for their mission, not out of stupidity but because they believe in it, unlike people like Nick.

If you can admit to yourself you would be happy if the United States and allies win in Iraq and succeed in creating a democratic nation there, perhaps there is hope for you.  If, on the other hand, you would be happy to see the defeat of the coalition and the return of Iraq to a dictatorship like Saddam's, then you would be one of the "people like Nick."

Dick