[Vision2020] Victims

heirdoug at netscape.net heirdoug at netscape.net
Mon Jun 19 13:26:25 PDT 2006

Comeon Deacon, Deacon:

Didn't you know the secret decoder ring that you got in that box of
"Blinkies" tells you that one of the rules of professional philosophers
(and their wannabe grad students) is why say in 5 words what you can
expound in 50. As to straight answers to simple questions. They first
justify their extreamly long answer with how they have been victomized
themselves. Then they proceed onto the less important area of answering
your question.

lemeno, Doug

Hmm. Lots of words, little content. Oh, well. I guess I shouldn't have
asked for a straight answer.

That reminds me. Mark Prior's return to the Cubs rotation on Sunday was
less exciting than the Chicago faithful had hoped. He pitched 3 2/3
innings, giving up 8 runs, which led to a 12-3 Detroit rout. Apparently
the Cubs fans left their class at home, as Prior left to a chorus of
boos from the Wrigley Field crowd of nearly 40,000.

Take care,

Deacon "Deacon" James