[Vision2020] Victims

Michael metzler at moscow.com
Mon Jun 19 12:40:40 PDT 2006

Deacon Writes:

Don't hold out, dude. Please elaborate. I am sure everybody would love to
know the nature and (perhaps more importantly) the tone of these
conversations you've had. Just how congenial was it?

Seriously.

Deacon,

Thank you for the inquiry.  I have been lied about and slandered in
countless ways, particularly over the last week and a half, so I'll just
assume this has something to do with your curiosity.  I won't speak about
anyone but myself: I was very calm, gracious, and congenial.  My wife stood
by me writing down notes of advice how to handle the conversation, which
helped.  I was encouraged to recontact them and I encouraged them to contact
me with any further concerns. The conversation was mildly productive. But
again, Wilson's use of the victims since then has been horrifying, and I
don't want to give the wrong impression while trying to mitigate any
discussion of victims that I believe the victims should have a say in
whether or not a community is sufficiently notified of the presence of a
serial pedophile. And again, to the victim's credit, they did not have a
problem with the public announcement. Their greatest concern was the fact
that I publicly stated that my wife found out via "a relative of the victim"
in the course of posting Wilson's aggressive emails to me and my replies.  I
did not believe this was a reasonable concern, and so I have offered no
apology; although I have offered my warm sympathy in general. The
overarching concern was really over the general nature of Pooh's Think,
which is obviously not something I was inclined to discuss very much.  The
bottom line is this: I posted the public announcement; in doing this, folks
at CC have deceived in such a way as to make me out to be as immoral as a
pedophile for doing so, even though the victims did not even have a
complaint and agreed that the community could have been better informed (to
their credit). The only reason I was drug into any further discussion about
this issue was because of my encouragement for someone to stop referencing
the victims on Vision 2020 and because of Wilson's immediate, vicious attack
on me, which did not relent for a number of days.  The story line is pretty
clear and simple. As for any possible false information on my web site:
after posting the announcement, I immediately requested that Wilson provide
any corrections and that I would edit my post and offer public apologies for
any wrong information.  Wilson refused to provide these corrections, but
rather lied about claimed "public and assessable" documents that I could
have found in five minutes if I had merely tried.  As for releasing private
information about the victims: I never did this on my web site; but Wilson
did right here on Vision 2020 two times.

Hope that helps Deacon.  Let me know if you have any further questions.

Yours,

Michael