[Vision2020] Cult Fantasy News Flash: Roles & Submission

Michael metzler at moscow.com
Fri Jun 16 12:00:21 PDT 2006

J,

I disagree. Wilson seems to use women to control the men at times.

As for Dickinson, I believe he persevered with an unfaithful wife far longer
than the typical man would.  I do not believe you speak the truth about him.
There is even more evidence against your claims, but there is no reason to
present such private information to Vision 2020.

Wilson would not say that adultery is "understandable."  If a woman had
withheld sex from her husband and her husband committed adultery, pastoral
oversight would include speaking to the woman about her withholding sex in
addition to rebuking the man for giving his wife possible grounds for a
divorce.  I take it as common sense that a husband and wife should please
one another in part for the purpose of protecting each other from an
adulteress relationship.

Thanks,

Michael

Additionally, if the woman does not fit the man's definition of what a
woman/wife/mother should be like or is somehow "damaged goods" and would not
"look good" for the man, she is out.  The best example of that is the
Dickison case, but others do exist in your church.

When one member of the church was "caught" cheating on his wife (again)
while he was removed from attending services for three weeks, SHE (and the
rest of the women in the church) was told (by Dougie) that it is
understandable why a man would do such a thing if the wife is not
"performing her wifely duties."  He admonished the women of the church to
make sure they were doing what they should to "please her man" so that he
would not feel the need to look for it outside the marriage.