[Vision2020] Cult Fantasy News Flash: Roles & Submission

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 16 11:24:31 PDT 2006

Michael;

I am going to disagree with you here...if a woman in the CC or any other
man-dominated clan wants to be married to a man from that clan or church,
she has to be willing to submit to his will.  They are taught from early on
that the man is the "human, household representative" of God and as such, is
the last word in any decisions the family faces.

Now, that does not go clear to the bone - if the women want to read
something, as long as it does not offend the sensibilities of the man in the
family (i.e. would be considered as a "threat" to the man's way of running
things or influences the woman to the point of her trying to usurp the man's
position in the family) than she can and does read it.  However, if a women
in this kind of situation wishes to make decisions that do affect or could
seemingly diminish the man's stand or position in the family (even if that
is just in appearance to do so,) she is not allowed to make those decisions.
  He is the last word and either she goes along with it, or is removed.
Additionally, if the woman does not fit the man's definition of what a
woman/wife/mother should be like or is somehow "damaged goods" and would not
"look good" for the man, she is out.  The best example of that is the
Dickison case, but others do exist in your church.

When one member of the church was "caught" cheating on his wife (again)
while he was removed from attending services for three weeks, SHE (and the
rest of the women in the church) was told (by Dougie) that it is
understandable why a man would do such a thing if the wife is not
"performing her wifely duties."  He admonished the women of the church to
make sure they were doing what they should to "please her man" so that he
would not feel the need to look for it outside the marriage.  That speech
was given during one of Dougie's marriage series a few years back.  The man
was eventually welcomed back and ended up divorcing the wife after a bit
more time.  From what I have seen, he is perfectly happy with the new person
in his life and his former wife/children are no longer around.  THAT is what
happens in a male-dominated clan.  The church is currently going through a
similar (NOT in all aspects) incident even now.

Dougie's "search" for the strong and educated women of the 1800's (why THAT
period of time?) consists of his wanting women to be educated so she can
home-school her children without it being a chore or a detriment to the
children's education.  But, the minute she shows a back-bone and wants
things run more along the lines SHE feels is correct or desirable, she is
out.  I don't view that as Dougie being a friend to anyone except his male
cohorts that want to be the "be-all, end-all" of the family.

The different roles between the men and women of the CC-like clans may not
require an act of submission, but in reality, it is practiced.

J  :]