[Vision2020] NAMBLA does not speak for me.

Carl Westberg carlwestberg846 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 16 08:55:48 PDT 2006

I don't have extensive knowledge of this subject, but I do know Joan, and
I'm delighted to say that, probably thanks to being a godless liberal, I've
made friendships with others in the gay/lesbian community over the years.  A
couple of thoughts from my admittedly not very deep mind.  The gay friends I
have are not all about being gay.  That is not the end all and be all of
their existence, anymore than my astoundingly virile heterosexuality is the
end all and be all of my existence.  I notice a very curious obsession with
other people's sexual leanings among some, though certainly not all, on the
religious right.  Regarding NAMBLA, I don't know squat about it, beyond what
has been written on this forum.  It seems to my meager sense that to
continually try to link the entire gay community with a group like NAMBLA
would not be dissimilar to linking the entire religious right with Fred
Phelps.  And I know that the vast majority of the religious right
resoundingly reject Fred Phelps.  I have every confidence the same is true
with NAMBLA and the larger gay community.  Carl Westberg Jr.