[Vision2020] Cult Fantasy News Flash

Bill London london at moscow.com
Thu Jun 15 17:32:19 PDT 2006

H-
    My questions were asked in all seriousness.  Honest.  I am trying to
understand.  You write (below): "The misconceptions I've read on this forum
about Chritst Church woman are often astounding."
    I would hope that you would use this opportunity to explain those
misconceptions.
    Let me start from the core of my concern.  We have a daughter (now 28).
During her school years, I was the stay-at-home parent.  We have a very
strong relationship.  I could never envision limiting her goals or
aspirations in any way, and certainly never suggested that she should find
fulfillment in a marriage where she was submissive to her husband.
    I just don't get it.  Why would you choose such a path for yourself?
Why would you choose that path for your daughters?
    And now to get back to your responses:
    1. " Does that assume husbands never make a mistake?" you say no...but
how could you agree to submit to your husband unless his judgement was
always correct?  You would not be allowed to redirect or change your
husband's decision, right?  (talking about what books you read just doesn't
count...I am referring to much more significant decisions)
    2. "Does that mean you are explicitly telling your daughters that they
are inferior (in skill, talent, judgement, etc)?"  You say no, but I do not
see how the message comes through in any other way.
    I hope you do not leave the V2020 conversation now.
BL